Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My busy, crazy, messy life!

Life is SO busy! I feel like Summer JUST started when in reality it is almost October and Fall is in the air. We did have a great Summer that included many of our usual Summer activities - trips to the Manti pool, 4th & 24th of July festivities, camping, and we were even able to throw in a mini vacation to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole thanks to a dear friend/cousins wedding in Island Park, ID. So, even though it went by too fast, I have to say it was good!

Lately, I have been feeling like life is just FLYING past me and no matter what I do, it won't slow down! I have an amazing life that I would never haved dreamed up, but some days I feel very overwhelmed and under acheived. I feel like I have an endless pile of laundry that multiplies when I am not looking. I feel like I can clean the kitchen and the next day the dishes are piled to the ceiling and the floor is covered in crumbs. I feel like I can dust and vaccum the entire house and 2 days later, it's as if no one has done either in years! The clean bathrooms seem to last only a few hours and I don't EVEN want to get started on the kids rooms.... oh boy!

And yet, while I am feeling all this anxiety to keep a clean house, I am trying my hardest to not be the Momma and Step-Momma who is constantly gripping at the kiddo's to keep the house clean! After, all they are kids! They play hard and make lots of messes, and they should!!! This is how they learn and grow. I want them to have happy memories of their childhood and remember making messes and having a calm, comfy, happy home.

The balance of a full time job, 3 children, a home, a car, a yard, home work, dinner every night and all the other things thrown in, seems almost impossible to acheive perfectly. And I am feeling that the harder I attempt to acheive it, the farther away it is in our home. Then I think, everyone else has a busy life too, why do I think that I have it so much harder than anyone else. Then this morning, Dax and I are headed to town for work and school and he says, "When I grow up, I want to join the Army and protect our Country, OR... do daycare!" And it hit me that every little thing is just perfect the way it is. Dax is dreaming of all the amazing things that he can be when he is a grown up and not even one bit worried about the dust on the walls or the laundry in the hamper. As long as he can take his bug catcher outside and fill it with any creature he can; as long as he can spend hours in the chicken coop talking to the chickens; and as long as he has a cup full of chocolate milk before bed, LIFE IS GOOD!

I have been blessed with the sweetest, kindest little boy to raise, how could anything be that bad as long as I have him!?! Larry chose me to be his partner in this life and his best friend. He chose me to be a Step Mother to his 2 beautiful children and to make our house a home and our life good. What more could somebody want?!?! The point of this life is not to have the newest, cleanest home or the best dinner on the table each night. It is not to be the skinniest Mom (THANK GOODNESS, because I am FAR from) with the best outfit. It is SO easy to get consumed in all this stuff and I am SO over it!  I am ready to let life happen and enjoy all of it. Messy house and all! I am going to work on enjoying the little things and being a better me. I have an amazing life and I would not trade it for the universe. I am so very thankful for it every day!

Here is to working on me! XOXO

No comments: